Brown Rice Pulao
Brown Rice is not just healthy rice but you could actually make delicious recipes with it. If you are someone who loves food by its taste then this is the perfect choice for you. Because healthy doesn’t mean untasty, there are foods which are equally tasty & healthy. So, you don’t have to compromise with any of that.
Now you have good quality rice, it’s time to start the recipe.
(We are gonna give it a Methi twist & it tastes as delicious as any other pulao).
- Fresh fenugreek leaves
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice
- 3 tsp oil
- 3 Green Cardamoms
- 1-Inch Cinnamon
- 8–9 Black Peppercorns
- 6–7 Cloves
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 Inches Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels Boiled
- 1/4 Bowl Yogurt
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a non-stick pan (on a low flame). (Roughly chop fenugreek leaves along with).
- Add cardamoms, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, cumin seeds & onion. Saute all of this together for about 1/2 minute. Add fenugreek leaves, mix them & cook it for 2–3 minutes. (Keep the flame low to medium)
- Add brown rice to a bowl, add a sufficient amount of water & let it soak for 5–10 minutes.
- Halve green chilies & add them to the pan along with ginger & corn kernels & give it a mix. (Cook for 2 minutes). (flame should be low to medium)
- Add yogurt, salt & 1 tsp garam masala powder. Mix well, cover it with a lid & cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Strain the rice & add it to the pan by spreading it all over. Drizzle remaining oil on top & sprinkle remaining garam masala powder. Add mint leaves, lemon juice & salt.
- Cover & cook on low heat for about 8–10 minutes. Transfer into a serving plate & it’s ready to eat.
Yummy…. no doubt it tastes delicious.